Saturday, June 21, 2014

Swatch Saturday: Alchimia Apothecary Maquillage à Lèvres Lipstick in Dahlia

Just a quick swatch/mini-review today. Alchimia Apothecary will be discontinuing their cosmetics after this summer. However, when I was grabbing my first indie scent, I snagged this lipstick and I suspect I'll be glad I did.


Dahlia in the tube.
In case you don't have your magnifying glasses on, the first ingredient listed there is cocoa butter. This lipstick smells like chocolate and it feels nice on the lips. The tube is a balm tube, sadly, so application is tricky.

Alchimia's description of this colour:
A bright shade with an electric presence.


Bare lips for reference.
Dahlia (moderately applied)
I would describe Dahlia as a medium purple-pink shade. A cooler magenta, if you're fancy. It is definitely bright, though not neon-bright. It comes off a bit darker in indoor light, but when I built it up it stayed about this shade. I couldn't achieve the darker colour in the site swatch, but then it probably would look darker on my arm than my face.

The product was a bit hard in the tube initially, but went on better once it had warmed. I imagine it'd be better to use a lip brush with this, anyway. It certainly feels nice on--not as moisturizing as their cocoa lip balm, but definitely non-drying (almost anything is drying on me, so that's a success) and the scent fades if you dislike chocolate for some reason.

Dahlia is currently available at Alchimia Apothecary for $7.95 USD.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment