Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Swatch: Shiro Cosmetics custom gloss in Wildflowers (moderate)

I want to update here more frequently, so--less reviewing, more swatching.

Bare lips (my bare lips hate autofocus)
Wildflowers (moderate opacity)
Wildflowers is a soft, semi-sheer pink with sparkles in eyeshadow form, but comes off as a frosty neutralish pink as a moderate gloss. This was one of my first custom gloss orders aaaages ago so I was initially surprised and a little disappointed at how frosty it turned out, since I don't find the shadow comes off that way at all--I've later come to understand that anything with sparkle/shimmer tends to turn turn frosty/metallic, unless it has a strong base to overwhelm it (Women's Weapons in opaque, for example, barely shows its sparkle). I am much braver about my lip products now, so I will totally use this in cool, wintery looks.

Some people remark that Shiro's unflavoured glosses can smell very metallic, and I think this is a prime example of that--because Wildflowers is fairly sheer, they probably had to use a lot of shadow to get it even moderately opaque, which I imagine is why it smells this way. It only smells strong to me at first and it doesn't bother me that much, but if you're sensitive to metallic-y scents, I'd probably get it flavoured. (Alternately, this might be less frosty and less metallic-smelling in sheer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment